The new 2018 Mercedes GLE doesn’t come as a surprise. Ever since Mercedes-Benz changed the nomenclature of its models, there has been a lot of speculation concerning what next to expect in the auto market. This new model comes with lots of amazing features after a number of modifications and changes to improve its appearance. The improved fuel economy of the upcoming Mercedes GLE and greater mileage also promises that it will be convenient to travel long distances.
2018 Mercedes GLE – Considerable Transformation:
The inside of the new 2018 Mercedes GLE will undergo considerable transformation to give it exciting new features. The dashboard will adopt the latest designs on the larger Mercedes-Benz models. This means it will have double wide displays and a clean central console. There may be plenty more changes in the features but that is just about how much to anticipate with the interior of the car.
The front fascia is also expected to have some alterations with an all new headlight design. The air dam is likely to be of a slightly larger size but the lower gruff look is not likely to change. Too much attention was paid to the back outlook and plenty more changes are expected on the rear. The rear quarter glass may not wrap around the hatch which is a bit longer, as is the existing model. Its taillights are likely to take on an elegant rounded LED layout. The rear window of the 2018 Mercedes GLE is also expected to be more curved than in the current model. This class of vehicles is also expected to lose a little weight making it even more dynamic also improving its efficiency.
2018 Mercedes GLE – Powertrain Options:
The powertrain of the 2018 Mercedes GLE will feature few engine options. The some of them are:
- The first one is a 3.5-liter V6 will develop 302 HP with 273 lb-ft of torque (GLE350 & GLE350 4MATIC). The EPA city/highway fuel economy for RWD is 18/23 mpg and 18/22 mpg (AWD).
- The second one is 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 with 329 HP and 354 lb-ft of torque (AMG GLE43). The fuel economy is rated 17/23 mpg in city/highway.
- The third one will have a 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 and 550 HP with 516 lb-ft of torque(AMG GLE63). The fuel economy is 13/17 mpg for city/highway.
- The powerful one 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 will deliver amazing 577 HP and 561 lb-ft of torque(AMG GLE63 S). The EPA rating for this version is also same as the previous one 13/17 mpg.
- The final one 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 + electric motor will come with 436 HP and 479 lb-ft of torque(GLE550e 4MATIC plug-in hybrid). The fuel economy in city/highway 39/50 mpg.
2018 Mercedes GLE – Expected Release Date and Price:
At the moment, the actual dates for the release of the new model have not officially been announced but it is expected to make its world debut in the middle of 2017. However, the new Mercedes will hit the showrooms as a 2018 model. Finally, the price of the 2018 Mercedes GLE is likely to range between $53,000 to $120,00, depending on models.